Friday 16 March 2012

Recipe for Love by Katie Fforde

I am a big fan of Katie Fforde, and have read all of her books. So I was very excited when this arrived in the post. It didn't dissappoint, either. I felt connected with the main character, Zoe, straight away from the first chapter. I just couldn't put the book down, wanting to find out what would happen next. I liked the theme of the book, a cookery competition set in a beautiful location, which reminded me of the TV series 'The Great British Bake Off' (which I love!). Cher was a brilliant character who I loved to hate. Gideon is exactly what I hope for in a romantic hero, although the plot twist involving his wife was resolved too quickly in my opinion. Zoe fell back into his arms far too easily, and he should have had to fight for her more. Therefore I thought the book was ended a bit too abruptly for my liking. But overall, a brilliant read. I give this book 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment