Tuesday 6 March 2012

The Difference A Day Makes by Carole Matthews

I quite enjoyed this book. When reading the synopsis, the term 'tragedy' didn't have me expecting what happened early on in the book. It made the story much more interesting. I didn't like the main character, Amy, at first. Although as she grew to love the country, the animals and became less materialistic, I also grew to love her. I generally enjoy books about the countryside (living in it myself) so all the tales of the animals such as Hamish the dog and the blind chickens really tickled me, and the love interest, Guy, being a vet was interesting. The children were lovely characters which added a cosy, family feel to the book. In terms of written style, I find that Carole Matthews writes well and I love the short chapters that feature in her books. I give this book 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment